Monday, August 12, 2013

What are your pet peeves about driving and drivers?

I have three. The first is those who believe that a yellow light doesn't actually mean caution, but throw caution to the wind. There is, in my view, nothing so dangerous as running a red light. Those whose trip is so important that they will put others at risk by failing to stop when the light turns yellow are my biggest peeve.

Second are those drivers who believe a "Yield" sign means give up. That is especially true at intersections like Yellowstone and Dell Range where there is a continuous lane for people turning right off of Yellowstone. Inevitably traffic is held up by someone treating the yield sign as a stop sign.

Finally...I find very annoying those drivers whose car is at the front of the line at a stop light who set there and do not move into the intersection to make a turn once the light turns yellow. I often wonder how many green lights they are willing to set through.

Just saying...maybe it's Monday and I am grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment